Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Think We're Alone Now

Megan's Weight Loss Journal Thingy-Jingy

Goal: Lose 60 pounds
Start Weight: 189 lbs
Start Day: Monday January 9th, 2012
Lost So Far: 0.5 lbs :)
Today's Date: Tuesday January 10th, 2012

Hello!

Today I was cancelled from work; yeyyyyyyyyy! So I didn't have anything planned to do and that's exactly what I ended up doing. Not good for the weight loss goal!

I started out by waking up late, since I didn't have to be at work by 6:30. I took Hailey to preschool at 9 then came home and sort of loafed on the couch. I didn't feel very well but I think it's because I started taking my diet pills again last night. They are called healthe trim (get high school skinny!).

I was never a very regimented person, but I think at my ripe old age of twenty-two I require a few pills at specific times to help keep me going :) I take 2 of the diet pills when I wake up and another 1 around lunch time. Before bed I take 4 mg of Melatonin to help me sleep and keep me calm and I also take 1 Prevacid so I don't get heartburn/indigestion.

Anyways... So while Hailey was at school I read a Twilight fanfic on my iPhone. It's called The Learning Curve by Amethyst Jackson. It's a 'drabble' fic, so all the chapters are quite short, but there are 77 of them currently and it's still publishing. By the looks of things she updates daily, which I like very much. Here's the summary, incase you are looking for something new to read.

AU and AH. Short chapters with daily updates. When Bella's boyfriend brings up the issue of her virginity with his ex, she decides to take charge of her own fate.

It starts out as a Bella/Mike story but quickly changes to Bella/Edward. All other cannon couples. It's a high school fic, which is my cup of tea! You should check it out if you are a Twi-fic reader!

So after I read that, it was 12:20 and that meant I had ten minutes to go get Hailey from preschool. We came back and it was nap time for the little lady. I turned on Finding Nemo for her and she was out like a light. Next thing I knew, so was I! I was started awake by the dogs barking like crazy which usually indicates that someone is at the house. It was my mom coming home from work... Which made me realize that it was 3:45!!! Holy crap, day wasted!

When my mom comes home and I haven't been at work, we usually sit and talk about everything that happened since we work at the same hospital. All the gossip, hehe. But today she asked me if there was anything good at the theater since it's Tuesday (bargain day!!!). Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows was still there and I have wanted to see it since the preview came out so long ago! So, she told me I should go and that's exactly what I did. IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

Moving along (am I boring you yet?!?!) I got home around 7:30 and gave Hails a quick tubby so we could sit and watch Glee at 8. It was a re-run! No fun. After it was over I put her to bed and had a quick shower.

Then I decided I was too tired (from all that HARD work, lol) to do too much in the way of exercise, so I alternated jumping jacks and arm weights for 15 minutes then stretched as a cool off.

Tomorrow I'm breaking out this super awesome old VHS tape I have to exercise with. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!!!

Until next time.

-Megan

PS- I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to my friend, Allie (ZoeBean Creations) for commenting, being super supportive, and for having great song recs yesterday! <3

2 comments:

  1. aw thanks for the shoutout! I am kinda jealous of your lazy day. Where can I sign up? We cant afford to put Zoe isnt to day care and she is too young for pre-school so we alternate days off to take care of her. Which I dont mind at all because if I could stay home with her all day like I used to I would b all up on that. But I miss naps!! Becareful with those diet pills, take small steps in your weight lose, like changing certain foods, eliminating pop is a good one. drink your 8 glasses of water, I struggle with that everday. I limit myself to one pop a day. I cant go cold turkey! well I hope you have a fabulous rest of the week. my work week just started today :( boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Megan!!! Weight loss is always a struggle for me. I agree with Alie, the pop is a big thing that makes a big difference when you cut it out of your diet but I am a huge Pepsi-a-holic so it is uber hard for me. Between portion control, walking more, and drinking more water and less pop I managed to lose 20lbs in year. It's not an amazing loss and it definitely had it's ups and downs and took a long time but it happened. Slow and steady girl and it will eventually all add up :)

    ReplyDelete