Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby, I Was Born This Way

I don't know what happened this evening, but I just decided that I was going to get up and exercise.

After thinking about it a little bit I figured out that if I was obligated in some way to tell people what I was doing, I might be more motivated to actually get things done.

So, here I am... Hopefully I'll maintain and put up everyday what I'm doing.

***************************************************************
Megan's Weight Loss Journal Thingy-Jingy

Goal: Lose 60 pounds
Start Weight: 189 lbs
Start Day: Monday January 9th, 2012
Lost So Far: 0 lbs

1/9/12: I started with a little yoga that I found on Netflix. I only got through the first 15 minutes, but it was something. And my heart was def. pumping! Then I moved on to a little cardio alternating between jumping jacks and running in place. I did that for like 8 minutes. Then I took my pair of 5 pound weights and worked out my arms for another 5. Since I haven't done any physical activity in so long, this was enough to wipe me out! I did a little cool down stretching and decided to stop for the day.

#minor goal- stop drinking pop (started today by drinking a little grape flavored water packet thingy in my reusable plastic cup that I got for Christmas).

**********************************************************
I just tried making a workout playlist on my iTunes with the music I already have... I'm calling it 'Cardio-Go-Go". Here's what's on it so far:

1. Born This Way / Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - Chimpmunks/Chipettes
2. Like a G6 - Far East Movement
3. Raise Your Glass - Pink
4. Yeah 3X - Chris Brown
5. Bulletproof - La Roux
6. Forever Yours (Blue Version) - Alex Day
7. What the Hell - Avril Lavigne
8. I Think We're Alone Now - Countdown Singers (stupid 80s dance party remix thing)
9. Party Rock Anthem - Chimpmunks/Chipettes
10. S.O.S. - Chimpmunks/Chipettes
11. Say Hey - Chimpmunks/Chipettes

Hailey got the new Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack for Christmas, hence those songs. Anyone know of any other songs that would go well on this list??? Let me know! And wish me luck, please!

Until next time.

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. set the fire to the third bar by snow patrol and some chick. it starts out slow and gets fast in some parts. so its good to run to. then i like cowboy cassanova by carrie underwood, 15 step by radiohead is good as well. the r.o.o.t.s album by flo rida and his new song are good as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete