- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of good vanilla
- 1 bag of powdered sugar
- Use strong, chilled coffee as your liquid (add as much as needed to get desired consistency)
- Optional: 1 cup of butter flavored Crisco (for firmer frosting)
Friday, May 5, 2017
Saturday, July 2, 2016
Day Seven: Five Pet Peeves
- People who don't put things back where they belong or who leave lights on when they don't need to be.
- Racists, homophobes, body shamers, smokers and Republicans.
- Slow drivers, tailgaters, and people who don't use turning signals.
- When someone asks a question I've clearly answered in an e-mail that was sent less than 24 hours ago.
- People who feel the need to raise their voice in regular every day conversations, people who are not respectful of their parents or elders in general, and family who try to run your life.
Friday, July 1, 2016
Day Six: Your views on mainstream music.
I like a wide variety of music. There are some songs on the radio that I enjoy but mostly I listen to playlists on my iPhone. I've always been a legal purchaser of music - I do not want to know how much money I've spent in iTunes!
It is my belief that all the good songs have already been written and all the good stories have already been told. I feel like I was born in the wrong era (who doesn't?) and wish I could have seen Elvis or the Beatles live.
Side note: my most favorite songs are (There Will Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me) by Elvis Presley, Somebody to Love by Queen, and Blackbird by the Beatles.
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Day Four: Bullet your whole day.
- Alarm goes off at 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, and 6:00 am before I my feet touch the ground
- Find clothing, put in contact lenses, use bathroom
- Curl hair
- Wake up Hailey, send her to bathroom, set clothes out for her
- Get dressed
- Brush teeth
- Out the door
- At work, lovely co-worker brings breakfast for Hailey
- Take Hailey to her day camp
- Conference call
- Lock-up building
- Pick-up Hailey from babysitter
- Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
- Bed :)
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Day Three - a book you love.
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
I'm a Catholic; have been my whole life. This book, while complete fiction, is a humorous and heartfelt way for me to fill in the "missing" years in the life of Jesus. I love it so much that I re-read it every year during Lent before Easter.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
The entire HP series is basically tattooed on my soul but this one... This is the first book I can remember causing me actual physical pain. The sheer joy I felt when Harry had his chance at a real family with Sirius and then the absolutely heartache when that was taken away from him (and in OotP even more so!) It's the kind of soul crushing that stays with you forever. I get little heart squeezes when I think about this book.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The first time I read this was, I think, in eighth grade and it changed my life. This book paints a completely realistic picture of the hardships endured by everyday kids. You really feel Charlie's joy, anxiety, pain... I made all my friends read this book.
Monday, June 27, 2016
Day Two: Something you feel strongly about.
Liars. My mother has literally said all my life that you go to hell for lying. And it is something I've taken to heart.
I have been lied to about big things on more than one occasion. Lies have broken me.
I don't understand how someone can lie about something so big and not feel bad at all about it.
Trust is a hard thing for me to give to people now.
But, liar... it takes one to know one.